Monday, March 9, 2009

Bonding Over Panties

On the way to Fleetwood we did stop at Rue 21 and I bought 35$ in panties. Dewey was proud of me..I picked them out in 7 minutes flat!
Girls love new panties.
We had cotton and lace. Boy cut and hip hugger. Pink, brown blue, red, stripped and polka dot.Some with sequins, beads, letters and flowers- 35 different styles.

I called the girls upstairs. Told the boys "stay out!" - not an easy task for a 12 year old boy!- Pdog thought of several ways to come upstairs-he could not stand it that we had secrets. I insisted he stay down in the troll hole.
We sat at the kitchen island,together,the panties laid out. M&M had huge smiles on their faces- girls love panties!. They were sizing up their favorites and deciding which ones to nab before the other 'called' that pair. I told them to look and hold off grabbing. I took out my note book and said "OK, Here are the rules, before you pick you must say one of three things to your sister" It must include what you LOVE about your sister, what you WISH for your sister or what you DREAM for your sister. It was so fun to hear them reminisce of the days they laughed until they peed their pants. Ate too much peanut butter right out of the jar and what they wish for each other in the future. We laughed and told stories. (while Pdog tried to spy on us) I wrote them all down. It was a good reminder to us - sisters are great!

It goes to show you that memories can be made from the simplest of things....even pretty panties.
Love Jennifer

No comments: