Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Carpet Caper


Dewey made a deal with me, I am not really sure if I agreed and if I did I would say he caught me at a very vulnerable time , maybe he asked me when I was running out the door "honey should I put the laundry away?" I cry "yes" "Puddin' should I make dinner?" I say "yes, O yes!" then as I turn the engine to the Mustang he yells, "Babe, will you run a half marathon in exchange for new carpet? I smile, wave and blow kisses as I peel out of the driveway I say "of course dear" How fair is this? I think about finishing a 5k, I dream about running with 1200 others on a crisp morning, I imagine myself being happy, overwhelmed and proud of my accomplishments, then I grab another bowl of chocolate Beyer's ice cream and tune in to the Closer. Dewey believes in me , maybe I should believe in myself too.



Your belief determines your action and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe.

Love Jen

No comments: