Friday, January 22, 2010

jumping, running, burning, loving



Dewy is so cute, he asked to take in these 'stray' animals. Jenna the Siberian husky- most lovable dog ever! & her side kick Nola, our black Cat. Although it was two months in between adoptions- that's how long it took us to decide for sure on the cat. Sure, I like pets (I just typed pests-funny -Freudian slip) but I can certainly live without them..very easily in fact.
Although I did grow up with dogs, cats, goats, pigs, horses, guinea pigs, rabbits, birds..pretty much anything we came home with, we could keep. A little bit about these pets (there I go again, I just typed pests again)

Jenna is a quiet dog and a bit nervous. She is somewhat obedient & when she is not she gets away with things because she is so sweet & looks up at you with those beautiful blue puppy dog eyes. She naturally is a lover & is very loyal. Kitty is sweet and cuddly and talks a lot in the morning to us. I kind of have this idea that it is good for the family & we - as parents- should give our kids this expedience, being pet owners.

I have decided to put my foot down early and firm. I need help! Well, I put my foot down after a meltdown I had. I need help! I cried, as my family watched me throw a fit like a two year old. I insisted on a plan. I saw way way too many mothers carry the load. Sure every ones wants a dog, cat, bird, goat, rabbits and hamsters...but who will be responsible for them....eventually the mother. I know I know there is my responsibly to be in charge, I am the parent. Don't enable them, be firm, stick to the rules. But you know how it is, it happens so fast. Next thing you know - I am doing it all. Now we have Pdog walking her every day after school. I walk her after work and Macy and Dewey walk her when they are around (their schedule is a little more complicated) and we have a minimum of one half hour per person. O, Yes & I asked Dewey to be the litter box guy. sweet!

So this little incident was funny to me when I heard about it, Dewey on the other hand took a couple days to laugh at himself, then when he did he roared!

First off , I was so proud of myself for planning a meal. I threw some meatballs in the crock pot and added a bottle of bar b q sauce. Not bad, make some potatoes after work...sounds terrific. Easy , good meal. I thought about it, really wanted this to be ready for Pdog and decided to set it on high, I wanted it ready for Pdog after school. He can make the potatoes and Dewey will have a great supper too. I had a meeting after work, I got home at 8pm and I found Dewey 'pouting' in the bedroom. He came home from an extremely hard days work with Parker jumping off the banister to trip and wrestling and fight him, Jenna and Nola racing out of the house down the street (there is that 'somewhat' obedient) & a crock of burnt bar b q meatballs. I started to smirk and was trying really really hard to be consoling and thoughtful to his needs. He could see I was holding my lip down by my teeth and the corners of my mouth popping up while my eye brows and head cocked just enough to look concerned. (that lasted all of two minutes) it was quit a fiasco! Dewey ended up in the truck looking for the dog and cat. (after taking a shower and letting off some steam- the night ended with me coming home to the most loving man I know...and funny too

I love you Dewey. You make me smile

No comments: